We are a community of learners. We are self-reflective practitioners who work together to persevere, meet challenges, and forge pathways around and through obstacles. We view our mistakes as learning opportunities and rejoice in each other's successes. We engage. We explore. We strive. We place the well-being of our students at the core of our teaching and learning practices. This shines true in the way we facilitate classes, assess mastery of skills and concepts, and scaffold our learners.
If this sounds like the type of environment and community you would like to be a part of, then you might be a perfect match for GIS!
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) from an accredited college or university in the U.S. majoring in a related area specific to the position preferred.
- A valid teaching credential (U.S. preferred)
- A minimum of 1 year of teaching experience (preferably in an international school setting) is preferred with the relevant age group (years count only after being certified)
- Native English speakers preferred
- A basic knowledge/experience related to PBL, assessment for learning, curriculum development, project-based learning, differentiated instruction, and standards-based assessment.
To apply for employment at GIS, please send the following to the email address below:
1) a cover letter
3) a video of your teaching (if you don't have a video, please share a sampling of your lesson plans or teaching portfolio)
4) email addresses for 3 professional references
5) complete a job application form:
Faculty Job Application or Non-Teaching Staff Job Application.
Positions Available for SY2023-2024